Thursday, August 18, 2016


Straightening Out the Kinks
...And so I planned it last week, I was going to manage to get myself out of bed each morning at 6:10AM after the 1st snooze went off and jump into my workouts. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to adhere to that plan. The old me would have beaten myself up about it and eventually I would have stopped trying. Nevertheless, I pulled myself out of bed these past couple of days around 7:10AM and worked my tail off (major victory)!

I'm slowly learning that part of the process of change is experiencing pain. It's can be extremely hard to break a bad habit when you've been doing it practically all of your life.  Even though I may have to continue to wrestle with the alarm clock each morning, eventually I will begin to settle into this new concept of becoming an early riser. Until that happens, I will take it one moment, one minute, one hour, one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment