Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Testing What Works...

When you are changing your life around to make room for new goals, it takes time to adjust to the new lifestyle.  For instance, for the past few months I've been doing well with adding more time for my daily fitness routine (keeping the TV off does wonders) and taking time to do my writing in the evening after I've completed certain tasks around the home.  I've also been managing to get up a little earlier most mornings to do some spiritual reflection so I can become energized and ready to handle whatever comes my way.  


Now that I've been consistent with the regimen I've created for myself, it's time to take it up a notch and get up even earlier so that I can add more time to my quiet times, fitness routine, and start to add a time slot for my writing. This is a task unto itself, at least for me.  Anyone that knows me well, knows that I'd much rather stay up late to get things done than wake up early in the morning to start my day. I have been a nighthawk all my life so it will take every ounce of strength I can muster to do this willingly (just thinking about it makes me cringe).  Since it means the world to me to reach my goals, I will not give myself a choice.  Making yourself accountable to others helps. 

Tonight I will be setting my alarm for 5:55am and allow myself only one snooze. 

If anyone out there in blogger land cares to share what goal they may be working towards and/or how they are planning to accomplish that goal, please feel free to share it with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment