Sunday, June 25, 2017


Knowing When It's Time To Move On...
Seems like every time I turn around there is something breaking down or vying for my attention in this old abode. I have to admit that I do live in an antiquated house built in 1920 and have been putting off finding a new place for sometime due to personal reasons. The cost of fixing up the place and the upkeep required is definitely stretching beyond the worth of this archaic property. I have allowed it to steal away much of my time and energies for far too long. I relate it to owning an older car that keeps breaking down on you only to find out that the engine needs to be replaced in order for it to keep from failing. The wisest thing to do at that point would be to get rid of it and purchase a newer vehicle. The same goes for an older house that keeps failing. Of course, the struggle for me is not that I have to sell it and move to another residence - I'm looking forward to it with all of my heart. The challenge is the timing of it all. There are so many details and energies that have to go into selling your home. I wasn't quite ready to get it prepared to put it up for sale just yet. But the final straw came when the sewer pipe busted and the roof started to leak. At that point I was done. Nothing like being forced into a decision that you were not ready to make. 


However, I know that God had allowed that situation to happen because he knows when I need to be prodded into making a decision that I have been putting off for one reason or another. I can look back at my life and see all of the times I needed a swift kick in the pants to let go of a situation that was no longer beneficial to me. Sometimes our own stubbornness, fears, or lackadaisical thinking become an impediment to our prosperity and growth as a person. Thank God for His fatherly discipline (love) and protection in my life. I totally believe without Almighty God's (YHWH) intervention and guidance throughout the years, I would have had quite a few regrets looming over my head. Suffice to say that it is hard for me to be creative and focus on my writing when I have so many other things to juggle in my life. I'm hoping that today will be the start of a renewed commitment to keep writing despite the obstacles that are trying to prevent me from taking the time to do what I love to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment