Sunday, July 30, 2017

A VISION REKINDLED...

This past weekend I attended the Greater Philly Christian Writers Conference that was held at Cairn University in Langhorne, Pennsylvania.  Since the temperatures in Philly have been climbing recently, we've been experiencing sweltering heat accompanied by soggy weather.  Thankfully the temperature dropped a few degrees this weekend so it was nice to experience the cool breeze and the sun peaking out as I toured the beautiful grounds of the university.  Many inspiring authors, editors, publishers, and speakers were in attendance.  What a wonderful opportunity to learn and grow through the teachings of these incredible individuals.  I do wish I had the opportunity to attend more sessions, panels, and appointments than I did, but alas, they had CD's available for sale afterwards. 

Writing a novel adapted towards encouraging women to break free from the shackles of their oppressive past is in the works thanks to the inspirational writers/authors I met with at the seminar.  I have no doubt that Almighty God implanted the concept for writing this book in my heart many years ago.  I will share from my personal experience of how I’ve overcome by relying on the love of Jesus Christ and some good ole fashioned talk therapy.  Likewise, there will be additional stories included of amazing women who have not only overcome their horrific experiences, but are now using their victories to encourage others not merely to survive, but to thrive!



...I will be sharing more in a later post, so stay tuned


No comments:

Post a Comment