Wednesday, July 27, 2016



Continuing to Follow the Path...

I've been so busy with my writing each day after work (journaling and writing flash fiction stories), doing my workouts, connecting with family and friends, and getting my vacation planned (and working overtime to help pay for the October trip), that I've begun to feel a bit worn down. So, I took off working out for a day and a half, started meditating more on God's word to bring me back to center and it really did the trick. I'm so grateful.

A friend said to me today, "Barbara, change is never easy."  I'd been getting concerned that I'd put too much on my plate all at one time. But, as we talked it over, I found that yes, change is hard.  Not so much the physical aspect of what I am now doing (being engaged in so many things at once), but the emotional facet of moving into a brand new realm - which can bring up hidden fears, anxieties etc... It happens to all of us, but in different ways.  I guess the way it hit me was with me becoming tired. So, thankfully I took the queue that my body was signaling me and made sure I was taking care of myself in all aspects (not overdoing it). I don't want to go back to where I was before, so I will do whatever it takes to stay on the right path to reaching my dreams and visions.  It's just a matter of paying attention to what's going on inside of me and taking the necessary actions to ensure I'm dealing with the emotions that arise in an appropriate way as I continue to transform my life. 

2 comments:

  1. I too am learning my limits. Unlike you i am not a good listener to myself or my body and crash at times. Half of my battle for that is now accepting that my energy levels are low and not feeling negatively about it. I rest often and work on feeling good about it, instead of focussing on how not to feel. Aloha pumehana aikane. Special love for you friend. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahalo for sharing your thoughts...Glad to hear you are open to continuing to learn more about yourself - what your limitations are at present and learning to accept where you are. That is actually one of the 1st steps to moving forward with your emotional/spiritual growth. I know the feeling of struggling with energy levels in my 40's and it can definitely be a challenging thing to accept. I noticed since I've been working out more on a daily basis, I only need to take 'power naps' on the weekend. lol ~ Take care and visit often! Aloha ia oe.

    ReplyDelete