Thursday, July 14, 2016

Focus Is On Having Some Fun...

Sometimes we just have to get away from the reality of our lives. I'm not saying to run off somewhere and bury your head in the sand.  However, it's good to take time away from the day to day responsibilities and decide to just have some good clean fun!  I was recently invited to join my sister-in-law and the kids for a mini getaway down the Wildwood, NJ shore and I just couldn't pass up that opportunity.  I joined them down there last Friday night and we stayed until Sunday.

 I get so excited as soon as I see the bridge that leads to the shore, then I'm like a kid in a candy store. If you've ever stayed somewhere away from home that gave you the feeling like you were transported to another world, that's what it's like to be down there. Every time I arrive in that town, tons of delightful memories bubble up to the surface. I stayed down there with my friends so many times as a teen and young adult. We played volleyball on the beach and lounged in the sun for hours until we were crisp and ready to show off our savage tans while strolling on the boards at night. Went from party to party and stayed up all hours of the night. I still can't believe our parents ever let us stay down there on our own - what the heck were they thinking? 

 Anyway, there was so much going on down there...there was a Blues and BBQ festival that drew large crowds right on New Jersey Avenue. We were planning to go there after dinner my first night down, but there was literally no way to get near the place.  But, we passed by a few times and heard some of the blues tunes being played by a cover band and caught whiffs of the sweet and smokey BBQ coming from the many BBQ huts that were set up in the surrounding area.  Later on that evening, there was also a colorful fireworks display that was set off on the beach that we watched from our balcony. 

  The next morning we had breakfast at Jimbo's in North Wildwood. They serve a mean BBQ pulled pork omelette with their signature BBQ sauce (Apple-Q Anglesea BBQ sauce).  It's simply to die for!  Later on, I went down to the beach and lounged for a few hours in the sweltering heat and humidity.  Thank God for the cool breeze coming off of the ocean. I decided to take some photos of the fab scenery all around me (I posted a few photos on my blog).  The final night, the kids wanted to walk the boards, play the games, and buy stuff. 

 All in all, it was a relaxing weekend getaway.  I had a chance to spend some quality time with the family, do some writing, take some great photos, and create some nice memories. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment